Are you a working mum?
Then these tips from Leo Babauta (a father of six, and author of Zen Habits - one of the top 25 blogs in the world) might be just what you need to help you manage your time better and feel on top of things.
Leo writes about finding simplicity in the daily chaos of our lives. A message that resonated with us. Which is why we are sharing these tips with you, and we hope you find them as useful as we did here at Take time to BE YOU's HQ.
1. Do less: simplify your schedule, do fewer things and focus on the important ones.
2. Delegate: if a task needs to be done but it's not one of your most important ones, then just delegate it.
3. Limit your workday: adjust your hours - set a limit for yourself and you'll see you'll prioratise, work more efficiently and waste less time.
4. Get the important stuff done early: pick the top 2-3 things you need to get done today and get those done first.
5. Batch tasks: instead of trying to do lots of different small tasks, try to group similar tasks and do them at once.
6. Focus on one project and get it done
7. Avoid meetings: not all meetings are a waste of time, but many are. Think about what you need to talk and whether you really need to meet. A lot of things can be said and done just as effectively via email.
8. Learn to say NO: If you are taking on requests that are not in line with your priorities then you are biting off more than you can chew. Learn to say no, and tell people that although this is important you just don't have the time to commit to it right now. They'll understand.
Bonus time saving tips for the home:
- Keep things clutter-free
- Find a home for everything and put things back where they belong
- Prep the night before so mornings are not a big rush
- Limit TV time
- Plan your meals in advance and cook in big batches
- Keep a great big calendar so you know what needs doing when
- Do all errands at once
- Give yourself a break, get/ share a babysitter