They say you learn something new everyday. And my lesson this Christmas came from the unlikeliest source: a movie we watched on Christmas Day called "We bought a zoo".
I won't go into much detail (let's just say it's a wholesome movie - safe to watch with the kids) but I would like to share one handy take away from it.
The main character - played by Matt Damon - says: sometimes in life all you need is 20 seconds of courage. 20 seconds to say or do the unthinkable.
I am now going to use this to help me get things done and I'd like to invite you to do the same.
Getting started is often the hardest part of making something happen or achieving change - now with the '20 seconds of courage tip' you can make a start on anything and be on your way.
Try it out and let me know how you get on...
Tips when you are at work:
1. Do less: simplify your schedule, do fewer things and focus on the important ones.
2. Delegate: if a task needs to be done but it's not one of your most important ones, then just delegate it.
3. Limit your workday: adjust your hours - set a limit for yourself and you'll see you'll prioratise, work more efficiently and waste less time.
4. Get the important stuff done early: pick the top 2-3 things you need to get done today and get those done first.
• What's underneath your mask.
• Putting mum guilt in its place.
• Strategies for sticking with online learning.
• Multitasking vs. Single tasking.
• How to find your way back to work.
• 4 top tips for reclaiming your morning routine.
• How to become successful in 8 steps.
Elizabeth Aylott Pope. Writer for Take time to BE YOU.
Carolina Herrera - Take time to BE YOU founder.
Vincent van Leeuwen. from Beaglecourse.
Jaime Simpson - family counsellor, life coach.
Andrea Fox - widely published author of personal essays concerning the challenges and humor of parenting
We like what they are saying
Live in the grey
A resource to help you do what you love. They believe blending the black-and-white mentality that divides personal/professional, life/work, friends/colleagues makes work more fulfilling – and colorful.
The Daily Love
Sign up for your daily dose of love.
Psychological and emotional support for mums in Singapore. Learn mindfulness techniques and deepen self-understanding for a more mindful mothering experience.
A site that helps inspire and support mothers in their busy lives through on-line psychology tools and content.