They say you learn something new everyday. And my lesson this Christmas came from the unlikeliest source: a movie we watched on Christmas Day called "We bought a zoo".
I won't go into much detail (let's just say it's a wholesome movie - safe to watch with the kids) but I would like to share one handy take away from it.
The main character - played by Matt Damon - says: sometimes in life all you need is 20 seconds of courage. 20 seconds to say or do the unthinkable.
I am now going to use this to help me get things done and I'd like to invite you to do the same.
Getting started is often the hardest part of making something happen or achieving change - now with the '20 seconds of courage tip' you can make a start on anything and be on your way.
Try it out and let me know how you get on...
Welcome to the Take time to BE YOU blog.
My sacred place for sharing some of the lessons I've learnt and showcasing the work of the many people who inspire my practice.
Start your own transformative journey with the Take time to BE YOU 4-step guided practice.
By Take time to BE YOU contributors:
• Today, I give myself permission to...
• Finding calm and building resilience.
The SANITY kit
• What's underneath your mask.
• Putting mum guilt in its place.
• Strategies for sticking with online learning.
• Multitasking vs. Single tasking.
• How to find your way back to work.
• 4 top tips for reclaiming your morning routine.
• How to become successful in 8 steps.