8 time saving tips for working mums
Tips when you are at work:
1. Do less: simplify your schedule, do fewer things and focus on the important ones.
2. Delegate: if a task needs to be done but it's not one of your most important ones, then just delegate it.
3. Limit your workday: adjust your hours - set a limit for yourself and you'll see you'll prioratise, work more efficiently and waste less time.
4. Get the important stuff done early: pick the top 2-3 things you need to get done today and get those done first.
5. Batch tasks: instead of trying to do lots of different small tasks, try to group similar tasks and do them at once.
6. Focus on one project and get it done
7. Avoid meetings: not all meetings are a waste of time, but many are. Think about what you need to talk and whether you really need to meet. A lot of things can be said and done just as effectively via email.
8. Learn to say NO: If you are taking on requests that are not in line with your priorities then you are biting off more than you can chew. Learn to say no, and tell people that although this is important you just don't have the time to commit to it right now. They'll understand.
Bonus time saving tips for the home:
You can read the full article here.
We thank Leo Babauta for having an open copywrite on all his work and allowing us to share this post with you here.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
• Today, I give myself permission to...
• Finding calm and building resilience.
The SANITY kit
• What's underneath your mask.
• Putting mum guilt in its place.
• Strategies for sticking with online learning.
• Multitasking vs. Single tasking.
• How to find your way back to work.
• 4 top tips for reclaiming your morning routine.
• How to become successful in 8 steps.