3 steps for reclaiming your day
BY CAROLINA HERRERA
Practical strategies to help you get out of autopilot and live a more mindful and purposeful day.
Do you sometimes get to the end of the day and wonder: “where did the day go?” You look back at everything that happened but nothing seems to stand out. And if someone asked you what you got up to, you'd struggle to even come up with two things you did.
I think we’ve all felt like this at some point. This is a common symptom of our 24/7 lifestyles and a clear sign that autopilot has taken over.
See, our trusted friend autopilot comes with us wherever we go. It helps us streamline our lives so we can preserve energy for the things that matter! Like… running away from vicious predators out in the wild.
Well, at least that’s what it thinks it needs to do thanks to our inherited survival instincts. But, most of us aren't out in the wild hunting for food and living in caves anymore. So, we can now choose to channel our energy reserves into more productive activities.
And this is exactly what you’ll be able to do by following the three steps below. They will help you reclaim your day; leave autopilot aside and set yourself up for a more meaningful day.
• Today, I give myself permission to...
• Finding calm and building resilience.
The SANITY kit
• What's underneath your mask.
• Putting mum guilt in its place.
• Strategies for sticking with online learning.
• Multitasking vs. Single tasking.
• How to find your way back to work.
• 4 top tips for reclaiming your morning routine.
• How to become successful in 8 steps.