Yes you get to give yourself permission to do what you need to feel calmer, lighter and better.
The better you feel, the better all those around you will feel, because we emit the energy that we carry. How many times have you walked into a room and immediately felt the tension? You probably run out wishing you'd never walked in there.
Now, you can be the beacon for a different kind of energy and vibe. You can help others feel lighter without having to do anything for them. Simply do something for yourself that lights you up.
Taking action towards our personal wellbeing and sanity is a great thing. It puts us in a better state of mind, it fuels us and regenerates us and everyone benefits from the effects.
I know life feels complicated right now, but I invite you for 5 or 10 mins (or more, if you can) to do something for yourself. Something that will put a smile on your face and then take a moment to acknowledge how you feel. I promise you, it makes a difference.
Our physiology changes depending on the activity we are engaging in and the thoughts we are entertaining. So challenge yourself today - 5 to 10 mins of something that is just for you. Go on, why not?
And then it would be great if you could share what you did and how you felt - using the comments box below.
We may not have control over our outside circumstances but we do have a choice about how we respond to them. In this blog and upcoming posts I am sharing some easy to access tools to help you (and me) navigate through these tricky times.
1. Try out these great meditations and breathing exercises from the Heartmath Institute:
2. Listen to Elizabeth Gilbert's awesome words of wisdom in her most recent TED talk
3. Join Deepak Chopra and Oprah's 21 day meditation experience
4. Connect and have fun with your friends
Carefully selected links to help you stay sane during these difficult times.
"Everything can be taken from us but one thing:
the freedom to choose our attitude in any given set of circumstances"
~ Viktor Frankl
• Today, I give myself permission to...
• Finding calm and building resilience.
The SANITY kit
• What's underneath your mask.
• Putting mum guilt in its place.
• Strategies for sticking with online learning.
• Multitasking vs. Single tasking.
• How to find your way back to work.
• 4 top tips for reclaiming your morning routine.
• How to become successful in 8 steps.